Monday, November 9, 2015

9/11

§VIDEOS
The Importance of GoldenEye’s Guns! | Game/Show | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube

§

Game Maker's Toolkit - Why Nathan Drake Doesn't Need a Compass

§

Viral Dusty Dead Identity Quiz - Minicrit

§

The Trans-Pacific Partnership, Videogames and You!

§

RetroAhoy: Soul Edge - YouTube






§ARTICLES
Explorable Explanations is my umbrella project for ideas that enable and encourage truly active reading. The goal is to change people's relationship with text. People currently think of text as information to be consumed. I want text to be used as an environment to think in.

§

The Dusty Dead seeks to expose the narrative wiring that underpins our collective engagement in and identification with fiction

§

Critical Distance is proud to present this Critical Compilation of Nintendo’s series-spanning heroine Samus Aran, curated by Video Game Heart‘s Grayson Davis.

§

an extended look at what makes Catan great. I’ll be examine the game’s major systems, the rules underlying them, and the emotions they create.

§

Hi, Alexandra the Translator is back—with more wordweaving, bits, and pieces.

§

The beauty of Barksdale’s work is in capturing the creeping unease that can come from wanting other people’s lives to make too much sense.

§

It's based partially on real people and events, but fictionalized and edited to make for a more coherent story—it's more like two truths and a lie. But because the character has a similar gender identity, people assume it's literally me. That wouldn't happen if I were a white guy writing about a white guy, since white guys are seen as more Universal Representatives of Humanity than genderqueer people of color.







§SO LONG AND THANKS FOR THE FISH
On a personal level I look back at my huge contribution to the games that we’ve made and I have had to watch Dan get the credit time and time again.  I’ve had journalists assuming I’m Dan’s PA, I have been referenced as “Dan Pinchbeck’s wife” in articles, publishers on first meeting have automatically assumed that my producer is my boss just because he’s a man, one magazine would only feature Dan as Studio Head and wouldn’t include me. When Dan has said “Jess is the brains of the operation” people have knowingly chuckled and cooed that it’s nice of a husband to be so kind about his wife.

§

i'll be leaving games.

§

Cathedral-in-the-Clouds: contemplation in the digital age

No comments:

Post a Comment